Re: tired of reading about T shirts)

Stephen Langasek (vorlon@dodds.net)
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 10:22:34 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 9 Jul 1997, Michael R. McClelland wrote:

> Thanks, and please give me some suggestions for links on my lame
> distributed computing page:
> http://www.iaonline.com/users/drizzt/distrib.html

We-ell, I notice you have a link to Parallel Virtual Machine, so this link
may also be of interest... http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linkux/beowulf/ is
a cute little project developed by the same Donald Becker who has written
a sizeable chunk of the Linux PC ethernet drivers. :) This little toy
lets you build your own parallel-processing supercomputer out of ordinary
PCs... And if I ever find the time, and can scrounge up enough of the
right ethernet cards, I'll get around to playing with this, but that
probably won't be for a while yet. :)

-Steve Langasek
-doink-