Re: T-Shirts

Garance A Drosehn (gad@eclipse.its.rpi.edu)
Thu, 10 Jul 97 14:44:11 -0400

Icepick <icepick@pclink.com> wrote:
> At 05:47 PM 7/8/97 -0400, someone wrote:
> > Are there any objections to a comma separated list of all the
> > domains that will fit on the back, starting with the largest
> > crackers and going from there? Left to right, and listing as
> > many as we can?
>
> Yes.
>
> I have numerious objections to the domain list:

One would think that we might be able to support multiple T-shirt
designs. I like the one with a domain-name list on the back, but
I don't imagine that every single person in the deschall effort is
going to find that the most desirable design. This group got
together simply because the goal of breaking a DES-encrypted
message was worthwhile (and we even have different reasons for
*why* we thought it was worthwhile). This group did not get together
because we have the exact same preferences for clothing. No matter
what single pattern people try to suggest, there will be other people
who object to it (and they will have perfectly good reasons).

So, I think we should expect that we might be better off with two
or three different designs. There are several details which could
vary, in an attempt to make sure that everyone who wants a T-shirt
has *some* design that fits their tastes. But I don't think we
can pick a single T-shirt design which everyone can get excited
about.

---
Garance Alistair Drosehn     =     gad@eclipse.its.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer        (MIME & NeXTmail capable)
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute;           Troy NY    USA